Rogue unknowingly helped the environment today. When I picked her up from the groomer, they had a little sign posted, saying that your dog’s excess fuzz would be donated to help clean up the Gulf oil spill. I had seen stories previously (probably a MyCorgi.com post) about donating corgi fur for oil spill clean up, but it just never occurred to me that of course a pet groomer would be collecting tons of fur to help the cause!
(But to address a quick point: yes, I have Rogue shaved. I’ve read that a corgi should never be shaved, because their double coat insulates them and keeps them cooler in the heat and warmer in the cold. However, Rogue being a fluffy, she doesn’t have the same coat – believe it or not, she sheds less than the cats – and the longer coat does have a tendency to become matted. So, every month and a half, the fuzz comes off.)
While Rogue was at the groomer, I had stopped and picked up a box of Milk Bones to refill her cookie jar. I put the empty, collapsed Milk Bone box by the garbage can. Rogue figured out immediately that I had brought a new supply of cookies into the house:

What a little smarty pants!!! I love the bright bandana - the colors are so striking!!!
ReplyDeleteThe white kitty is adorable too !
ReplyDeleteCute pair.
Hooray! Another wonderful corgi blog to follow, and I loooove the name Rogue! :-)
ReplyDelete