Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spoiled rotten corgi?

Rogue is apparently used to living in the lap of luxury – well, at least as luxurious as you can get for a corgi living in my house.  Even though she’s always had her own dog bed, and will still camp out on her dog bed if necessary to keep the cats from using it, she quickly found that there are other, equally as comfortable places to sleep around the house. 

For example:013




The Sofa





rogue bed



The Bed












Then last weekend, Rogue and I were out at my mother’s house.  At first, I didn’t think I’d have to worry about where Rogue would want to curl up and sleep, because she was so busying bouncing around the house that it seemed doubtful she would ever sleep.  Then the inexplicable happened – as my mother was sitting in her recliner, Rogue jumped up in her lap, curled up, and started snoozing.  Rogue could have flopped out on the floor or jumped up on the sofa where we had put a blanket for her, but no, she decided to go for the lap.
So here are the only theories I’ve been able to come up with to explain this behavior:

003_edited-1
  1. Rogue thinks she’s a cat.
  2. Rogue really liked the warmth and feel of the fleece blanket, even if it was a bit lumpy underneath.
  3. The dog really is a genius, because she figured the human would grow so tired of having a 25 lb. dog sprawled on her lap that she would get up, leaving the pre-warmed spot on the recliner all to Rogue!

2 comments:

  1. Those little corgi kids are always thinking..."now, how can I make this better for myself?" Smart little devils, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my nut ball of a Corgi too. lol

    ReplyDelete