Saturday, October 23, 2010

Feeling Hungry

I’ve been trying to convince Mom that she needs to feed me more, without very much success.  After all, the dog walker feeds me at least 4 cookies whenever she comes to visit, but then Mom just plops down a bowl of kibble at night and tells me, “You can’t have any more, you don’t want to turn into a fat corgi.”  But oh, yes, I do want to turn into a fat corgi!

So I decided to take matters into my own paws, and begin feeding myself…

The first self-fed meal was the egg under the coffee table.  It had a nice floral scent, but the outside was a little on the crunchy side and the inside had a waxy consistency.  Mom said later it was a “ceramic egg” with a “candle” inside.  I’m still not sure why she was crying about someone having broken into the house when she first saw the eggshell remnants on the floor.

IMAG0118



This was the next night, when I went back to see if any of the egg was left.












Then she put out the Thanksgiving turkey for me.  Or I thought it was okay to eat the turkey, it really did look very juicy and delicious.  Unfortunately, it didn’t taste quite as delectable as it looked – it sort of tasted like wood with a plastic coating - and it did sting a little bit when Mom rolled up the remnants of it and smacked me over the butt, muttering something about “I didn’t even get to read it yet.”

So a few days later, I moved on to breakfast, appetizers and dessert all at the same time!  It looked like a buffet and I had my choice of ham, pancakes, cheese logs, yule logs and petit fours, so of course I had to sample all of them.  But the same as the turkey, they didn’t taste quite as delicious as they looked.  But at least this time, I didn’t leave very much that could be rolled up…   

IMAG0121

No comments:

Post a Comment